Friday, March 22, 2013

Ramen in miso soup - serves 1

I always love noodles more than rice. It can be cook in either dried, soup, or even semi- dried. I always like how japanese restuarant the way they handle their own kinda ramen. Thinking to myself, if only I know how to cook my own style of ramen in miso soup how great it would be. And yesh! I finally did some research and managed to get some related recipe to try on my own. 

The picture which you see below is my 2nd attempt of the recipe which I gona share with you guys. My 1st try did not reali work out well due to my hot spring egg as the egg white was too watery and I did not put in boiled water to cook it.  Did further research and managed to succeed for the 2nd time.


Ingredients:
1 egg
1 serving cup of canned corns
2 stalk of xiao bai cai - seperate stem and leaves
1 vegetarian cha siew- cut into thin slices
1 serving size of ramen

Soup base:
1 tablespoon of miso paste
1 packet of dashi soup base

Garnishing:
1 stalk of chopped spring onions

Method:

Spring egg
  1. Put eggs in boiling water and cook it for six mins.
  2. After six mins, take out the egg and cool it down with ice water.
Ramen
  1. Cook ramen in boiling till soften for 1 min and place it in a bowl of cold/warm water.
Miso Soup
  1. Follow the same step as stated in my previous blog post: http://evesj85-recipes.blogspot.sg/2012/12/miso-soup-serves-two.html. (Except for the step in adding tofu in the step).
  2. Add in xiao bai cai and cook till the vegetables are cooked. Switch off the fire.
A. Drain off the water away from the ramen, place vegetarian char siew, corns and vegetables nicely.
B. Cut the egg into half and place it nicely.
C. Add in the miso soup and garnish with chopped spring onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment