Friday, March 29, 2013

Chawamushi

Whenever I dine in japanese resturant, most of the time I will order my favourite side dish: chawamushi. I like the sweetness taste in it. You still see some soup-like water when you eaten part of it. I must say this is one of the creative dish invented by japanese people. They can add in crabstick, chicken etc to make it so delicious. Compared to our own chinese style, we often mix the egg with fish or minced meat only. The taste is much more savory.

I always very curious and always wanted to try out this dish on my own. I ever bought a premix of chawamushi. Taste almost the same as those japanese resturant. But however there is a strong determination in me that I wana do everything from the start. After see I eat I shoot I post's one of the video on the making of chawamushi, I decided to follow the same method but ingredients wise I did not follow the same. So here below recipes is my own style.



Chawamushi (serves 2)

Ingredients:-
3 eggs - beaten
1 1/2 cup of dashi stock
3 small shiitake mushroom 
Half of 1 kamaboko - cut into thin slices

Seasoning:-
2 tablespoon of soya sauce
1 tablespoon of mirin

Garnish:
1 stalk of spring onions - chopped

Method:

1. Sliff the egg. This step is to ensure no bubbles in the egg mixture.
2. Add in the daishi stock and seasoning. Use a spoon to mix well.

3. Place mushroom and kamaboko into chawamushi cups.
4. Pour in the egg mixture. The water level of the egg should be the same like above picture.
5. Put in steamer once water has boiled and steam for 15 mins.
6. Serve hot and garnish with spring onion.





No comments:

Post a Comment