Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sukiyaki Pork Bowl

Aha recently feel so japanese, so that why have been cooking some japanese food. Last time in the past when ever I step into any yoshinoya outlet, my favourite order will be the vegetable beef bowl. But ever since I known my bf, I never touch beef again. Anyway back to the point, a couple of weeks ago I bought a recipe book about Japanese meal. This recipe which I will be sharing is adapted from the recipe: Sukiyaki Beef Bowl found in the book. I used lean pork to replace beef.




Serves:2

Ingredients:-

















Some thinly sliced pork

1/2 Onion - cut into 6 wedges just like above.
2 Serving size of cooked rice

Seasoning:-

1 packet of dashi power(I used the above) boil with 200ml of boling water
1 1/2 of sugar
2 tablespoon of dark soya sauce
2 tablespoon of rice wine
1 tablespoon of mirin

Garnishing:-
Some chopped spring onions
Nanami Togarashi(assorted chilli pepper)

Method:-
  1. Heat 2 tablespoon of oil and stir fry lean meat for 1 min. 
  2. Combine dark soya sauce and sugar into a small bowl and mix well till sugar is dissolve. Cook mixture in pan for 2 mins and set aside.
  3. Add in dashi mixture together with rice wine and mirin in the same pan and bring to boil. Add in onion and cook for 3- 5 min till onion is soften.
  4. Return lean meat to pan and continue to heat for 2 mins. 
  5. Divide pork and onion mixture equally on top of the serving rice. 
  6. Garnish with spring onions and nanami togarashi.



No comments:

Post a Comment